- InterNACHI Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)
- Florida Home Inspector License #HI11960
- B.A. Thomas Edison State University
HOW IS YOUR ROOF?
A roof certification is normally an insurance required inspection to get new coverage or maintain existing coverage on homes with older roof coverings.
A roof certification inspection has a few basic purposes including;
- Inform buyer/current owner/insurance company about the current state of the roof system
- Disclose roof covering’s estimated remaining life expectancy
- Disclosure of any repairs that should be made
Mossy Oak Home Inspections will review all accessible areas of the roof and provide a report that outlines:
- Type, age, condition, and estimated remaining useful life of roofing materials
- Number of layers of roof shingles
- Condition of the ridges, caps and drip edges
- Current state of any drains, downspouts, and gutters if present
- Presence and condition of any flashing around: roof penetrations, chimneys, vents, and valleys
- Noticeable or possible movement or missing roof coverings
- Previous roof repairs
WHY ROOF CERTS ARE NEEDED
In Florida, composite asphalt shingles are the most commonly used roof coverings. Depending on the quality of the material used, they generally have a useful life expectancy up to 20 years. In most cases the age of roof shingles is estimated based upon the construction date of the home or re-roof permits.
Homeowner’s insurance policies usually cover natural disasters. However, most roofing companies will not honor claims due to:
- natural disasters
- severe weather
- high winds
- foot traffic
- improperly installed skylights
- improperly installed solar panels
If roof repairs are recommended, the roof must be repaired then reinspected before it can be certified.
|Roof Certification With Home Inspection||$20.00|
|Stand Alone Roof Certification||